My original goal for this blog was to keep myself focused on how I was going to change the course of my life after giving up the alcohol (thus the name changing course now). I’m determined to do better. I write this for myself, so that I can go back and re-read, evaluate, and move forward. If anyone else wants to tag along – that’s great too.
I have time on my hands now. Time I used to use to think about wine, buy wine, open wine, drink wine, hide wine, drink more wine, and then recover from drinking wine. I have a lot of time on my hands now 🙂
I have a list of things I want to do to fill that time. I’m tired of the term “bucket list” and am looking for a new descriptive word, but in the meantime – here is my list:
- Learn to cook – well
- Read impressive books – not frilly novels
- Run – and like it
- Paint (I wrote earlier about bringing out my supplies – they are still sitting there)
- Play my beautiful piano regularly – learning challenging pieces
- Search for a new job that will take me away from the computer and enable me to be with people!
- Develop my relationship with my daughters and grandchildren. They don’t even know I am forging this new life – alcohol free. I need to share more with them.
That’s probably enough for now. I’m going to keep checking back to see if I can check any of these off the list.